Well Heeled Red Food PairingFebruary 14, 2017
Cold Stabilization at The View Winery with Kristy FrenchApril 19, 2017
Wondering what to pair with The View’s Ehrenfelser? This aromatic, off-dry white is beautifully balanced with a racy acidity and wildly delicious layers of floral and succulent fruit notes and would pair perfectly with Thai Green Chicken Curry.
Thai Green Chicken curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sliced shallots (about 5)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus wedges for garnish
- Cooked rice
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and curry paste; stir until shallots soften, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and fish sauce; bring to boil. Add chicken and bell pepper; stir until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in chopped basil and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook rice as directed, divide among the bowls.
- Top rice with curry. Garnish with basil sprigs and lime wedges.