Harvest Cellar Hand
The View Winery and Wards Cider seeks a reliable, hardworking individual to join our incredible team for Vintage 2018 as a Harvest Cellar Hand. This is a contract position to start, beginning immediately and ending in December 2018. It may lead into a permanent position if possible. This is a very hands on position assisting in all areas of wine and cider production. The successful applicant must be open minded, have a positive attitude and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Applicants must be capable of the following without constant supervision:
- Setting up, operating and cleaning crusher/destemmer, must pump, grape press.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks, hoses and pumps.
- Rackings, Inoculations, Additions, Pump-overs of fermenting wine tanks
- Monitoring ferments and alerting winemaker of any issues that arise
- Cleaning, filling and topping barrels.
- Assisting with filtration of finished wines and ciders
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment at all times
- Accurately follow written work orders
- Overtime and shift work evenings and weekends during peak times may be required.
Other non-harvest duties may include (but not limited to):
- Assisting with bottling and canning of final cider and wine products.
- Assembling and wrapping pallets for shipping.
- Loading and unloading delivery trucks.
- Maintaining facility cleanliness in all production, packaging and warehouse areas
- Tertiary qualifications in Oenology and Viticulture an asset
- Vintage experience an asset
- Lab experience an asset but not mandatory
- Applicants need to have an excellent work ethic and ability to see a job through.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually without supervision.
- Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors in all seasons and weather conditions.
- Ability to work at heights, and in cramped, confined spaces at times.
- Forklift experience and certification are a definite asset.
- Physically fit, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- International applications must be eligible to work in Canada and have secured Visa at the time of application.
Wage Rate: $16 – $18 starting wage depending on experience.
Please apply with resume via email to email@example.com “Harvest Cellar Hand” in the subject line. No telephone calls or walk-ins please. We will telephone only those invited for an interview; but thank all applicants.